Tuesday 16 April 2013

Memories


I.. 
made some memories for me. 
Memories that's good 
and fancyful and free. 
And it's all about you and me. 

Memories do not have to be true, 
you see, 
it just have to be believable 
and beautiful and fanciful... 
and containing you, 
to satisfy me. 

You... 
Have to ensure that: 
You make enough 
memories in your youth 
to last you a lifetime, 
because you might need them... 

When you lie there, 
dreaming, wanting, 
pining for someone old, 
for someone new, 
someone borrowed, 
someone blue... 

Thinking of how it could have been, 
how it all would have been, 
how it should have been, 
had you made the other choice, 
had you listened to your inner voice.. 
Not the people around you, 
the ones that say they adore you, 
the ones that's trying 
to live your life for you.. 

Making memories with you, 
singing songs for you, 
writing poems about you.. 

I hope you have enough. 
Enough to last a lifetime, 
enough to keep you warm, 
enough to help you through 
the dark when the winter comes 
and the nightfall leaves you all alone.. 

For I, 
I've made enough, 
I hope. 

Enough to keep me warm, 
enough to keep me still.. 
enough to fill 
my heart and soul 
with things to think, 
with things to do, 
with things to say, 
for more than just a day. 

Something for 
the hot summer nights, 
the cold days, 
the lonely times, 
the dreary years... 
The neverending fights.. 

Yes, for all of these, 
I am all right. 

I.. 
made some memories for me. 
Memories that's good 
and fancyful and free. 
And it's all about you and me.

1 comment: